As most of our friends and family know, Sarah and I have been following the teachings of Zen Buddhist monk, Thich Nhat Hanh, for some time now. This past weekend we had the privilege of deepening our mindfulness practice with the inspiration and guidance from the sisters and Plum Village spiritual community in Beaufort, Victoria, Australia. We feel refreshed and recharged to say the least.
I had many wonderful moments at the retreat. Some of them include:
- Meeting 5 new sisters who recently came over from Plum Village France.
- Meeting many new friends on the path.
- 5am wake up call to the sound of a giant bell.
- Many delicious Vietnamese vegan meals made with so much love and mindfulness.
- Supporting our friends with their 5 Mindfulness Trainings transmission.
- Guiding retreatants through a gentle morning yoga practice in the Meditation Hall.
- Camping in our saigon om bus in the 3C temperature - good times.
I strongly suggest visiting any Plum Village around the world for a week or two and you'll see what I mean. No mindfulness experience is necessary; just an open heart and an open mind. The monastics will welcome you with a smile and open arms. You'll also meet wonderful people and Sanghas on the same path that can help support your practice after you return home.
Please enjoy the slideshow of photos I took over the weekend.
I invite you to send me an email if you have questions about Plum Village or this auspicious mindful path. Hang: email@example.com
Smiling and Breathing,
Our friends getting their 5 Mindfulness Trainings