6-Week Mindfulness Course
Oct 16 - Dec 4, 2019
Dear Mindfulness Friends,
A fresh fall breeze smile to you. We are very excited to welcome you to the 6-Week Mindfulness Course next week.
Below are all the details for the course. We invite you to smile and enjoy your breathing as you read through them.
Wednesdays at 6pm to 7:30pm. Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to settle in so we can start on time.
1. Oct 16
2. Oct 30
3. Nov 13
4. Nov 20
5. Nov 27
6. Dec 4
** Please note there is no session on Oct 23 and Nov 6.
The course will take place at Full Circle Health Network. The address is 4 Cataraqui Street, Suite 110 (same building as the Boiler Room climbing gym). There's plenty of parking all around the building. We ask that you observe Noble Silence whenever you are coming and going as there may be other treatments happening at the wellness centre. In case you need to reach us, Sarah's phone number is 343 333 6091.
1) We suggest that you park out front, on Cataraqui Street.
2) When you get to the front door, buzz 110 (Full Circle Health) as the doors are usually locked in the evenings. If the buzzer does not work, please knock loudly or call/text Sarah: 343-333-6091.
3) The studio is the first door on your left as you enter the main building.
WHAT TO BRING
1) An open heart and a beginner’s mind.
2) A yoga mat/blanket and your favourite meditation cushion to sit on.
3) A notebook and pens. We'll provide a toolkit.
4) Water bottle – there will be drinking water available.
WHAT TO WEAR
Please wear comfortable loose-fit clothing ie. gym or yoga wear that covers your knees and torso.
Click here to access a complimentary eBook titled "Peace is Every Breath" by our mindfulness teacher, Thich Nhat Hanh. We will refer to the book throughout the course.
** Please read at least the "Introduction" before the first class.
The content of each session may vary but the general structure is:
1) Guided meditation
2) Walking meditation
3) Mindful movement with gentle stretching or Qi Gong
4) Dharma talk about the practices and theories of mindfulness
5) Dharma sharing: sharing our experience about the practice in our daily lives or asking questions.
INJURIES & MEDICAL CONDITIONS
Please let us know via email if you have any injuries, limitations or medical conditions that we should be aware of. This will help us accommodate you at the course.
For compassion for those with allergies, including Hang & Sarah, please come scent free – no perfume/cologne/scented products/essential oils. Thank you.
We encourage you to practice Noble Silence as soon as you enter and leave the building to help calm down the chattering mind, and respect treatments happening in the centre.
We look forward to sharing the beautiful path of mindfulness with you. Please let us know if you have any questions.
With Joy and Gratitude,
Sarah & Hang