200-HOUR YOGA & MINDFULNESS TEACHER TRAINING
HO CHI MINH CITY, VIETNAM
OCTOBER 30 - DECEMBER 5, 2017 (Weekdays)
Life can often push and pull us in many directions. A regular yoga practice combined with a mindfulness practice can help us find the balance to live a joyful life.
In saigon om’s unique Hatha Yoga and Mindfulness Teacher Training immersion, we will guide and give you tools and practices to calm down the twirlings of mind (chitta vrtti). In the Zen tradition it is said that “When the water is clear, you see the infinite possibilities," and you stop feeling stuck, tired or weary. The regeneration of mindfulness energy from a daily yoga and meditation practice will help maintain a clear and calm mind. Once the mind is clear, we begin to gain insights, understanding and compassion in ourselves before we begin to share and guide this wonderful transformation with our students.
Do you love yoga because the practice gives you a sense of centredness & peace? Do you enjoy practicing mindfulness to help cultivate joy, compassion & understanding? Why not combine the two together to deepen your physical & spiritual practice?
The training is divided into 3 modules. You are welcome to attend the entire training to receive your 200-hour Yoga & Mindfulness Teacher Certification. If you do not have a lot of time, you are welcome to attend either the first or second module, or both. And then enrol in the other modules in any country with us at a later date. To enroll in Module 3: It is required that you first attend Module 1 and Module 2 OR you are currently a yoga teacher and would like to deepen your teaching and practice knowledge.
saigon om is a Registered Yoga Alliance School. After completion of Modules 1, 2 & 3 you can become a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200) with Yoga Alliance.
October 30 - December 5, 2017
Held on 27 weekdays
Monday to Friday, 8:30am-2:30pm
MODULE 1 - $800 USD
October 30 - November 3
MODULE 2 - $800 USD
MODULE 3 - $800 USD
November 27 - December 1
ALL THREE MODULES
Thao Dien, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
If attending all 3 modules, a $1000 USD deposit upon registration is requested to hold your space. Full payment due 30 days before training starts.
If attending 1 or 2 modules, full payment is requested upon registration to hold your space.
Qi Gong, seated & walking meditation, pranayama
Mindful tea/coffee & fruit
Theory: yoga philosophy, anatomy & physiology
Teaching methodology & practice teaching
Finish for the day
INCLUDED IN THE FEE
A comprehensive course manual.
Module 1: Understanding Yourself
This first module is about you. We return to the foundation of your practice and begin anew to help you deepen your yoga practice; physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. The practice might bring about pleasant feelings and unpleasant feelings. We’ll show you yoga and mindfulness tools to embrace or take care of these feelings, whatever they might be.
Topics covered in this module:
- What is yoga?
- History of yoga
- 8 Limbs of Yoga as they apply to you
- Ayurvedic constitution - know your personalities
- Yoga anatomy
- Mindfulness tools & practices
- The art of mindful living
- How to cultivate love, joy, & compassion
- Template to create a self-practice
Module 2: Understanding Your Yoga & Mindfulness Practice
This module covers theories of yoga & mindfulness and how to incorporate them into your personal practice for a stronger inner you and a stronger practice.
Topics covered include:
- Your energetic bodies
- Breakdown of yoga poses
- Breakdown of sun salutations
- Patanjali's yoga sutras
- Causes of suffering and how to transform suffering into joy
- How to practice self-reflection
- Ingredients for a sustainable & successful yoga & mindfulness practice
Module 3: The Art of Teaching Yoga & Mindfulness
The focus of this module is to assist you with the “how’s” and “what’s” to share your practice and experience with your students.
Topics covered include:
- Practicing loving kindness & other good qualities as a teacher to empower your students
- Understanding each student as they step into your classroom to help them feel success and happy
- How to help students go deeper into their physical & spiritual practice through asana & mindfulness
- How to be a compassionate teacher with deep listening & loving speech
- How to create your teaching environment
- The art of teaching yoga with mindful cues
- The art of sequencing
- Learning the practice and art of teaching mindfulness & meditation
- Teaching pranayama
- Running a yoga business
- How to promote your yoga business with digital marketing
Who Can Join This Program?
The teacher training is open to all those who desire to deepen their practice and learn how to teach yoga, mindfulness and meditation. You can be a novice or experienced practitioner, an existing teacher wanting to refresh your practices, or an aspiring yoga teacher.
The idea is to individually assist you in going deeper into your current practice to gain a sense of purpose and introspection, and to help lead a more disciplined lifestyle with more self awareness and thus gain/maintain good health, fitness, and focus. We hope you’ll then share this deep insight with others, if teaching is your aspiration down the road.
Course Description: Yoga
- Gain a better insight of your own physical asana (posture) practice.
- Learn how to design your own daily/weekly/monthly organic practice to bring equilibrium and harmony into your life.
- Learn how to bring mindfulness into your yoga practice.
- Gain a better understanding of anatomical alignment, biomechanics & joint restrictions, and how to keep safe and free from injuries.
- Understand the profound history behind yoga.
- Learn how to find your own teacher voice, carry yourself as a teacher and support/accommodate your students.
- Be prepared on how to provide hands-on assistance and adjustments.
- Learn how to share your yoga and mindfulness practice and make money doing so.
Course Description: Mindfulness
- Learn the art of living with awareness.
- Learn how to enjoy your breath, your steps, and the many wonders that each moment offers.
- Learn how to develop and deepen your mindfulness practice.
- Learn how to incorporate your mindful practice into your daily life so you can enjoy life in every moment.
- Learn how to take care of strong emotions and suffering, and transform your suffering into joy.
- Learn how to be a compassionate teacher as a deep listener and teach with loving speech.
- Learn how to teach mindfulness & meditation.
Space is limited as the training will kept small for more one-on-one instruction and personal attention.
Make “your appointment with life”, come play with us and meet new friends on the path. You will gain insights into your true nature and the world around you.
To register or if you have questions we’d love to hear from you, please email Hang & Sarah at email@example.com
We appreciate that you've made this commitment to cultivate joy in your life. Should circumstances change and you wish to cancel your registration:
1) If cancelled 30 days prior to the training date: A full refund, minus a $100 USD processing & administration fee, will be issued.
2) If cancelled within 30 days prior to the training date: A 50% refund, minus a $100 processing & administration fee, will be issued.
3) There will be no refunds 7 days prior to the training.