TAI CHI TEACHER TRAINING
KINGSTON, ONTARIO, CANADA
AUGUST 10-12 & 17-19, 2018
Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese discipline that has its roots in traditional Chinese medicine. Tai Chi is derived from Qi Gong. They are both disciplines that involve the mind, breath, and movement to create a calm, natural balance of energy that can be used in work, recreation or self-defense.
There many styles of Tai Chi. The three most popular ones are Yang, Wu, and Tai Chi Chih. The style we teach and practice at saigon om is the short Yang style, which includes 32 movements in its simple form (108 movements in the traditional form).
By the end of the 6-day training, you will be able to learn the entire short Yang sequence with a deeper understanding of this energetic practice. You will also be able to teach this sequence to all levels, if teaching is something you are aspired to do.
Unlike yoga, Tai Chi is done in slow movements while standing up. It is ideal for people of all ages.
This course will also include how to integrate mindfulness in our daily lives. Mindfulness is the energy of being aware and awake to the present moment. To be mindful is to be truly alive, present and at one with ourselves and with those around us. When we learn the art of mindful living; enjoying our breath, our steps, and the many wonders that each moment offers us, we nourish our happiness and our capacity to be present. Research has indicated that a mindful lifestyle can reduce stress & anxiety, cultivate joy, inner peace and overall well-being, to name a few.
8:30am Qi Gong, Energy Release & Walking Meditation
9:30am Learn Short Yang Tai Chi Sequence
11:45am Philosophies & Theories
1:45pm Mindful Lunch
2:30pm Teaching methodology and practicum
4:30pm Mindfulness Session
IN THE TRAINING, YOU WILL LEARN:
- Basic energy activation exercises to clear energy blockages and increase circulation.
- Tai Chi warm-ups & stretches.
- Simple energetic Qi Gong exercises to get the "qi" or energy flowing.
- Incorporate breath with movement.
- Tips to remember movement names using association.
- How to set up and tailor a Tai Chi class to certain groups of participants.
- Formal and informal mindfulness practices and how to incorporate mindfulness into your daily life as a teacher.
August 10-12 & August 17-19, 2018
Friday 6-8pm, Saturday/Sunday 8:30am-5:30pm
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
A saigon om certificate of completion will be given at the end of the training.
Space is limited as the training will kept small for more one-on-one instruction and personal attention.
Make “your appointment with life”, come play with us and meet new friends on the path. You will gain insights into the art of energy (qi) healing with Qi Gong, Tai Chi & mindfulness.
To register or if you have questions, please email Hang at email@example.com
** We also provide private training courses at your location.
We appreciate that you've made this commitment to cultivate joy in your life. Should circumstances change and you wish to cancel your registration:
1) If cancelled 30 days prior to the training date: A full refund, minus a $100 CAD processing & administration fee, will be issued.
2) If cancelled within 30 days prior to the training date: A 50% refund, minus a $100 CAD processing & administration fee, will be issued.
3) There will be no refunds 7 days prior to the training.