This course is about learning to integrate mindfulness in our daily lives. Mindfulness is the energy of being aware and awake to the present moment. It is the continuous practice of touching life deeply in every moment of daily life. To be mindful is to be truly alive, present and at one with ourselves and with those around us.
When we learn the art of mindful living; enjoying our breath, our steps, and the many wonders that each moment offers us, we nourish our happiness and our capacity to be present, look deeply and transform the suffering in ourselves. When the seeds of peace and happiness have grown in our hearts, we can offer that abundance to those around us, doing our part to contribute to the well-being of the world.
Research has indicated that a mindful lifestyle can reduce stress & anxiety, cultivate joy, inner peace and overall well-being.
In this course, you will be guided in various mindful activities and assigned homework to deepen your personal practice and growth. Some of the guided course activities include: guided meditation, walking meditation, silent sitting meditation and mindful movements with gentle stretching (Qi Gong, Tai Chi, yoga.) The group setting also helps cultivate and regenerate our mindfulness energy.
3-Week Mindfulness Course in Kingston, Ontario
Tuesday & Thursday evenings 6:30pm-8pm
May 1-17, 2018 (6 sessions)
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Investment: $120 CAD
Hang and Sarah will be sharing their mindfulness practice and experience in the tradition of Buddhist Zen teacher, author, poet and peace activist Thich Nhat Hanh and the Plum Village spiritual community. We warmly welcome and respect people from all faiths.
This course is suitable for beginner or seasoned meditation practitioners.
Please email Sarah & Hang at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place.
Personalised Mindfulness Training
We are flexible and happy to come into your school, workplace or office to offer workshops and retreats in a variety of ways to accommodate your needs and schedule. Some ideas for mindfulness workshops & retreats includes:
- Introduction to Mindfulness.
- Mindfulness, Mandala (group) Yoga based on team building, Partner Yoga
- 2-day Retreats – to fully deepen your personal daily practice with teacher-led and noble silence activities.
- Combination of Mindfulness practice and yoga or Tai Chi/Qi Gong
- Suitable for all ages and levels.
Email us for further inquires. Sarah or Hang: email@example.com
Mindfulness Teacher Training
The first step toward becoming a Mindfulness Teacher is to have an established daily mindfulness practice of at least one year, ongoing daily sitting meditation practice, and a regular practice in mindful movement practice such as Tai Chi, Qi Gong, or yoga. Ongoing practice of loving-kindness and self-compassion in daily life is also essential.
Investment: $2000 USD per person or $3500 USD for a group rate of 2 to 5 people.
* Mindfulness Manual: Definition of Mindfulness, guided mediation (walking or sitting), gathas, Mindful songs, history and theories of Mindfulness.
* PowerPoint Presentations with teaching materials.
* Certificate of Completion
Not included in the fee:
*Accommodation, meals and transportation.
This intensive 4.5-day course is broken down into 3 modules.
Module 1. Basics of Mindfulness
* What is Mindfulness?
* Simple practices of Mindfulness.
* How to incorporate Mindfulness into daily life.
Module 2. Roots of Mindfulness
* History & Theories of Mindfulness
* Science of Mindfulness
* How to cultivate compassion, joy, equanimity and forgiveness.
Module 3. The Art of Teaching Mindfulness
* Building blocks of teaching Mindfulness
* Teach to various ages and background
* Learn how to work with people individually and how to integrate Mindfulness into one-on-one sessions in therapy / coaching / bodywork
* Practice teaching: lead a mindfulness session