6-SESSION MINDFULNESS COURSES
June 4 - 14, 2018
Location: Full Circle Health Network, 4 Cataraqui St, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Investment: $120 CAD (incl HST)
HO CHI MINH CITY, VIETNAM
October 8 - 24, 2018
Location: Mandala Wellness, 41 Tran Ngoc Dien, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City
Investment: $150 USD or VND equivalent
This course is about learning to integrate mindfulness in our daily lives. Mindfulness is the energy of being aware and awake to the present moment.
When we learn the art of mindful living; enjoying our breath, our steps, and the many wonders that each moment offers us, we nourish our happiness and our capacity to be present, look deeply and transform the suffering in ourselves. When the seeds of peace and happiness have grown in our hearts, we can offer that abundance to those around us, doing our part to contribute to the well-being of the world.
Research has indicated that a mindful lifestyle can reduce stress & anxiety, cultivate joy, inner peace and overall well-being.
In this course, you will be guided in various mindful activities and assigned homework to deepen your personal practice and growth.
Some of the course content includes:
- Theories of mindfulness
- Guided meditation
- Walking meditation
- Mindful eating
- Incorporating mindfulness into everyday life
- Mindful movement with gentle stretching (Qi Gong, Tai Chi, yoga)
Hang and Sarah will be sharing their mindfulness practice and experience in the tradition of Buddhist Zen teacher, author, poet and peace activist Thich Nhat Hanh and the Plum Village spiritual community. We warmly welcome and respect people from all faiths.
This course is suitable for beginner or seasoned meditation practitioners. Teenagers 12 years old+ are also welcome.
SCHOOL OR WORKPLACE
We offer personalised mindfulness training for school teachers, students, and workplaces. To accommodate your needs and schedule, this can be in the form of classes, workshops, courses, or retreats.
In the workplace we offer:
- An introduction to mindfulness
- Mindfulness courses
- Half and full day mindfulness immersions
- Combination of mindfulness practice and yoga or Tai Chi/Qi Gong
- 1-day and 2-day retreats
Learn basic mindfulness practices to bring a greater sense of peace, calm and happiness into the classroom.
- Learn new ways to take care of yourself, and, by doing so, to take better care of your students.
- Learn how to help your students cultivate focus, attention, and concentration inside and outside the classroom.
- Mindfulness practices include sitting meditation; walking meditation; mindful eating; circle sharing, loving speech; deep listening; deep relaxation; and beginning anew (conflict resolution).
We offer classes and training for all ages of students. Mindfulness activities can include:
- Mandala yoga; partner or group yoga to help build trust and compassion
- Qi Gong; an old ancient Chinese practice to help release stress and anxiety
- Yoga; simple poses to help connect body, mind and spirit
- Mindfulness activities; to increase awareness of what's going inside and outside of oneself
- Mindful toolkit to build resilience & take care of stress, anxiety and other forms of suffering
- Practice of deep listening & loving speech for oneself and others; also known as the practice of love, openness, non-attachment, non-judgment, understanding & compassion
- Mindful weekly homework: Everyday activities in mindfulness to increase loving awareness and capacity
MINDFULNESS TEACHER TRAINING
The first step toward becoming a mindfulness teacher is to have an established daily mindfulness practice of at least one year, ongoing daily seated meditation practice, and a regular practice in mindful movement such as Tai Chi, Qi Gong, or yoga. Ongoing practice of loving-kindness and self-compassion in daily life is also essential.
Mindfulness in short is a way of life. If this is your way of life and are interested in helping others, we invite you to attend this training.
This intensive 4-day intensive training is broken down into 3 modules.
Module 1. Basics of Mindfulness
* What is mindfulness?
* Simple practices of mindfulness
* How to incorporate mindfulness into daily life
Module 2. Roots of Mindfulness
* History & theories of mindfulness
* Science of mindfulness
* How to cultivate insight, understanding, compassion, love, peace, and joy
Module 3. The Art of Teaching Mindfulness
* Building blocks of teaching mindfulness to various ages and background
* Learn how to work with people individually and how to integrate mindfulness into one-on-one sessions in therapy / counselling / coaching / bodywork
* Practice teaching: lead a mindfulness session
Investment: $2000 USD per person
* All course materials:
- Mindfulness manual with guided meditation (walking or sitting), mantras/gathas, mindfulsongs, history and theories of mindfulness, etc.
- E-books and other electronic reading materials
* saigon om Certificate of Completion
This specialised training in available on request.