DATE: Monday & Tuesday, August 21-22, 2017
LOCATION: Mandala Wellness, 41 Tran Ngoc Dien, District 2, HCMC
INVESTMENT: $300 USD or VND equivalent
Restorative yoga is the art of being at ease. It is conscious rest that allows us to renew our health & strength, and teaches us self care. Restorative yoga poses help us learn to relax & rest deeply and completely. During deep relaxation, the mind starts to calm down and rest while all the organ systems of the body get a chance to rest as well. This begins the journey of restoring the body and mind back to its healthy state.
A continuous restorative yoga practice may deepen your spiritual and mindfulness practice, reduce blood pressure, improve digestion, release tension/stress, overcome insomnia and feel more energize. The training allows you to experience the effects of restorative yoga as well as mindfully guiding them, if you’re already a yoga teacher.
WHO CAN ATTEND THIS TRAINING?
- Yogis at all levels who'd like to deepen their restorative yoga knowledge and practice.
- Yoga teachers, physical therapists, body workers, energy workers, Pilates and fitness instructors, stress management professionals, and health counselors.
- We will accommodate and differentiate for all levels of practitioners.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- Anatomy & Physiology: The physiology of muscle relaxation; The sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system; Stress, trauma, and the impact on the body and mind.
- Techniques, Training & Practice: Eight essential restorative yoga postures; A guide to props; Sequences for back pain, headaches, insomnia, jet lag, and breathing problems, menstruation, and menopause; Prenatal yoga techniques; Pranayama: 3-part diaphragmatic breathing and other breath work.
- Teaching Methodology: The mindful art and skill of teaching restorative yoga; Provide physical support & comfort to students; How to sequence & teach a class in restorative yoga using mindful cues; Creating a safe environment in the restorative yoga class; How to lead meditation and guided relaxation.
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics: Physical, emotional, mental and spiritual aspects of restorative yoga.
Yoga Teachers: This module counts towards 12 hours of Continued Education with Yoga Alliance.
For registration or enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org