Module 1 (50 hours) of saigon om's 200-Hour Yoga & Mindfulness Teacher Training
Held in Kingston, Ontario, over 2 weekends.
Friday, September 16, 6-9pm
Saturday, September 17, 8am-6pm
Sunday, September 18, 8am-6pm
Friday, September 23, 6-9pm
Saturday, September 24, 8am-6pm
Sunday, September 25, 8am-6pm
Investment: $800 (for 6 days)
Module 1: Understanding Yourself
This module is about you. We return to the foundation of your practice and begin anew to help you deepen your yoga practice; physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. The practice might bring about pleasant feelings and unpleasant feelings. We’ll show you yoga and mindfulness tools to embrace or take care of these feelings, whatever they might be.
Covered in this module:
- Pranayama (Breathing Exercises)
- Qi Gong
- History of yoga
- Individual Joint Range of Motion Test
- Ayurvedic Doshas
- How to Cultivate Love, Joy, and Compassion
- 8 Limbs of Yoga as They Apply to You
- Mantra chanting
By the end of this course, you will have in-depth understanding of your:
- "Faults" (doshas) and how to modify your personal yoga & pranayama (breathing control exercises) practice to cultivate balance in your practice/life.
- Anatomy. We will go through a series of anatomical self-tests to find "limitations" of your joints & mobility. This helps you understand why you can or can't do certain poses so you can learn to practice safely.
- Mindfulness practice and learn the art of mindful living to cultivate love, joy and compassion.
- Physical and Energetic bodies with the help of the ancient Chinese art of Qi Gong.
- Create your own personal practice in yoga, mindfulness, pranayama and Qi Gong.
To register or if you have questions we’d love to hear from you, please email Hang & Sarah at email@example.com